Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Busy week

I know that I don't post that often any more - we're just so busy, I don't know where the time goes! It also seems that we've settled into our life and it feels 'normal' and somewhat less blog-worthy. It is certainly not because Matt has slowed down or is making less progress at this point. In fact, it is quite the opposite.

He's really working hard on his speech homework and when he doesn't think about it, he can ask complete questions and speak quite clearly. The other day, I was looking in a tree book and asked him if he knew something about witch hazel. He said,"Can you show me a picture? I think I know it, but I don't remember for sure." He didn't even realize he had said all of that - I had to point it out to him. But that's what we're looking for - clear communication without conscious effort.

Matt goes for a good walk everyday and he's getting pretty strong and fast (still with his cane). He was always a 'mosey-er' before and it feels like he's almost back to that pace. Then he gets on his new mower that has a left-hand joystick and he zips around the farm faster than I like to drive it. This mower has helped a lot to make him feel productive again - or at least it will now that it has stopped raining.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Keri,
    Sounds like things are going really well. It was so great to see you guys in your new home. I'd love to do it again, or have you over here when you're up for an outing. Let me know! Glad to hear that you got the mower. Let me know if I can do anything. Still thinking of you all the time!
    Love, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keri and Matt:
    All GREAT news and incredible progress! Thinking of you guys often. Hope we talk soon.
    love
    Megan & Mark

    ReplyDelete