Friday, March 12, 2010

Friday evening

I think I wanted Matt to bounce back quicker, but I must remember he just had surgery on his head. Nobody feels good after having anesthesia and Matt seems to be especially sensitive. He hasn't really eaten much since Tuesday and is just really wiped out.

It's good that they gave him the day off and he has a relaxing weekend ahead. All his therapists scheduled appointments today because they were excited to work with him again, but he knows his limits, and asked to be left alone. He's on a regular course of meds and should start feeling better soon, but it's really hard to see him this uncomfortable and exhausted again.

4 comments:

  1. Hang in there, Keri and Matt! Thinking of you - Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Keri and Matt -

    Glad you're back at Crotched Mountain, even if the roads were bumpy. Hope for restorative rest for both of you.

    All our best - Jan T. and the ISU Crew

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Keri,
    Surgery is such a big deal, I'm sure it's going to take some time, but we are all so glad it went well. thinking of you lots - and so happy that Matt is safely back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hang in there, we all can't wait to see him walking and moving again. Things will turn with a little sleep, rest, healing and all the love we are sending your way! This is probably a bad comparison, but I just had a quick flu bug and fever...I spent about 24 hrs in bed and could hardly eat for a day. I'd say having his skull pieces put back will warrant him several more times the recoup.

    I thought about Matt alot while I was lying in bed sick. It hurt too much to move, hurt too much to read and I couldn;t sleep. I stared out the window in hopes I might see something interesting...no bird feeder in sight, just dull post winter gray everywhere. It did not take long to get the sulky, bummed and bored feeling. I know this one day I spent laid up is NOTHING compared to what Matt has faced. It really helped me appreciate his tenacity, vigor, hope, strength and a brief glimpse of the fraction of some pain, fear, lonliness and dismalness that Matt has been overcoming for 4 months. Olympics are just games, Matt is living the gold medal round everyday...and I'd like to think that he is winning.

    ReplyDelete