Sunday, July 24, 2011

Matt says

Thank you ever so much for keeping up with my life and recovery. Me - better & better - slow but steady. Big time in life and everything happening. Thank you very much for everything you've done. Through the whole deal, we decided we're leaving the farm. Where we go, no idea what is going on. We'll see. -Matt

Matt wanted to tell me what to write on this post. I tried to keep it just like he said it so you can see how he is communicating, but sometimes he wants a little help. I was thrilled he was even interested in trying. This was all he could explain right now and wanted me to take over on the farm story.

Our plans for this farm were centered on his skills as a forester, a climber, and a tree worker. As great as he is doing, we don't know that he will get back to everything he was before so it is hard to re-work ideas for this farm and figure out how we can still take it over by the end of this year. We decided it was time to step back, take more time to regroup, continue healing, and re figure what kind of farm we can run someday with his 'new' skills. This was an amazing place for Matt to be and heal and to dream about the future, but it has become too hard to be here and watch what he can't be doing. It will be so difficult to walk away from this farm (we think sometime this winter), but it is what needs to happen at this point.

6 comments:

  1. Matt and Keri,
    We love you so very much and hope that you can find something wonderful to put all your energy into. We can't wait to see you next week and are counting down the days! Love you my favorite cuz!
    Brooke and family

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all HAPPY BIRTHDAY MATT!! Amber told me today it was your birthday hope you are enjoying it! Also where ever you go it will be another new adventure for the both of you everything will be fine! Wish we could all get together maybe someday it will happen! Love ya both. Cindy & Kevin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I am amazed at how far Matt has come! I'm sorry that you are leaving the farm. Even though it's the best thing for you two, I know it's still difficult. I'm so in awe of your strength and I know whatever the future holds, you (both) will be great! - Sylvia and fam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Matt and Keri--

    We tried several time to respond to last post--don't know what we were doing wrong. Hope using Dave and Lin's computer will help.

    We remember big decisions and how it felt to make them and, from the outside, believe and hope that this is a good decision for you. You are the best!

    Jim and Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you could have such a healing year at the farm. I look forward to hearing about all the adventures to come. You two are such great people that I'm sure whatever you do it will be wonderful! I'll be thinking about you in the transition. Good byes are hard.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Keri,
    I believe that God Blessed Matt with having you for his wife, friend, and companion...
    Scott D.

    ReplyDelete