Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Happy Christmas!

How far we've come - we had a lovely Christmas together and Matt was more 'there' than he has been yet. Just two years ago we didn't even think we would eat dinner together because he wasn't on solid food yet. Then when we did have dinner he kept repeating 'prime rib' when all he wanted was the Dr. Pepper sitting across from him. No confusion this year - though quiet, Matt was engaged in the conversations around him and did not seem to get overwhelmed as easily. After 3 days of family dinners, he is feeling good about his interactions and ability to keep up with the crowd. "Slow and steady," he says, "but much improvement."

2 comments:

  1. Wow how time has past. The last time I read your blog you guys were moving & now you guys are in New York! I'm so glad you had a Great Christmas we did as well! Please tell Matt that Aunt Karen from Colorado has been asking about him & so wishes him well! (Aunt Karen is Amber's aunt that they would go visit every week end & have a GOOD meal!) I often think of you two, time just seems to fly by I want to wish you guys a Happy New Year I will check in more often as to see how everything is going! Much Love, Cindy (from IOWA go Hawks!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The last few times I have tried to respond, I couldn't so I'll try this again as a test. I'm in the middle of an e-mail to you re February

    ReplyDelete