Monday, February 8, 2010

Monday

Last week was the first time Matt made it to all his therapy sessions and we were hoping that would continue. He's been really tired today, though, and slept through speech. He also slept a lot this weekend, but managed to stay awake for the Super Bowl. He laughed at most of the commercials and was excited about the Saints' win.

I got a call this morning from the hospital and Matt's surgery is scheduled for March 9. After all we talked about at his appointment, the surgeon decided that his skull is in good shape and that he would rather use the bone instead of a plastic replacement. At least this means that we don't have to go back for another CT and we have a surgery day.

3 comments:

  1. Hi, you two!

    I enjoyed the Super Bowl too. Go Saints! I actually won the "pool" at the gathering I attended, missed the score by just a couple points on both teams - and I never saw either team play all season until yesterday. (!!!)

    I am sure all of the learning and healing take a lot of energy, so getting some extra sleep is probably very restorative.

    Sending all kinds of positive energy your way (and apparently I have super powers so it should be helping)!

    -Jan T.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're sure that Matt was excited with the Saints win! And Mardi Gras is coming next week...lots of things to celebrate for a Cajun boy!!

    We take Grandma Beed to her new home in Arkansas this weekend. Hoping for warmer and less snowy weather.

    We continue to follow the blog faithfully and pray for strength for the both of you.


    Love,
    Aunt Barb and Uncle Daryl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tell Matt that both my birthday and the Superbowl have past, and I still have not had any chicken wings with anyone!!! I need to get down to see Matt and eat some HOT wings.

    ReplyDelete