Saturday, January 2, 2010

Good New Year





Guess who got to visit yesterday! You should have seen Matt's eyes light up when we told him he could go outside and see Freddie. It's pretty cold and we have a lot of snow up here, so we couldn't stay outside for very long, but it made Matt's day. Our friends who are watching Freddie hadn't seen Matt in two weeks and were amazed at how he's progressing. And we were amazed at the differences they talked about, too - we've all forgotten the steps he's been through.

We've talked about writing all these things down, but we're not sure Matt's going to want to know and we're not sure we want to remember either! I figure this blog will be great for him if/when he wants to know what happened and that all the comments will be so helpful when rehab gets tough.

6 comments:

  1. Hi, Keri and Matt -

    Wow! Sounds like a good day. We are so encouraged to hear about every step, literally and figuratively - thank you so much Keri for your faithful updates. Matt, we are pulling for you through thick and thin!

    Jan T. and the ISU Crew

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah Freddie! that makes me smile so big. I'm so sorry we got waylaid by sickeness and weather AGAIN. MIssing you guys a ton, and already it looks like 2010 is better for you...
    love,
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  3. That photo made my day!!! Freddie love. Wishing the snow hadn't buried us so we could visit you today. JP might drop me off on his way to the Intevale for potting soil on Tuesday. He wants to see you and Matt. I will call you later today to see if you need me to bring anything and to check it. Sending you lots of love!
    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keri,

    We miss you and Matt so much! I am bummed that we didn' make it down this weekend, we are super snowed in in Winooski. I hope it is beautiful down there for you guys too. So glad you got to see Freddie, we miss him too. Happy New Year, hopefully we'll get down soon!

    - Aly and Kat

    ReplyDelete
  5. That photo with Freddie is priceless. They really look happy to see each other. We are not
    "snowed" in but we are so far from ya'll that we should just hate it that we can't pop in to see Matt's progress. Please let him know that he is in our thoughts each and every day. Your updates are keeping us informed very well. I am sure that you won't mind giving him a great big hug for me. HaHa Love to you both!!
    Aunt Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is great to see you all in the same photo. I can only imagine how big the smiles were from both Matt and Freddie. Keep up all the great work! I can't be there often to see it first hand, but you are all in my thoughts most-all the day.

    ReplyDelete