Saturday, December 19, 2009

Game night

Weekends are a little slow at rehab - there are no therapy sessions, so we have to find things to do with Matt. His endurance is still so low so he wants to spend a lot of time in bed. He has been more alert, though, and seemed content to sit in bed and listen to us chat. I think he only turned away from us once when he got frustrated with our lack of understanding. He used to spend the better part of his waking hours annoyed with us - so we're all making progress!

He also spent two whole hours up in his chair today, which is more than I think he's done all week combined. The first hour we went for a nice walk through the buildings which he hadn't seen much of before. Then this evening, he wanted to sit in the dining room with other people and we thought we'd try out a game. My sister had brought dominoes and Matt loves to play the train game, so he and I played on a team. He was awesome - I'd hand him a tile and he'd place them all, even though we think he's still dealing with double vision. He didn't make it through the first round, but it was such a big step from where he's been, I'm sure it won't be long before he's beating us all again.

2 comments:

  1. Matt & Keri,

    This is David Carter. I've been checking in since Stacy let me know about the blog. Please know that you two are in my thoughts a lot now a days. I'll be checking in to make sure you're getting Matt back up to his old, ornery self.

    I hope you have a Merry Christmas, and this New Year provides Matt and you many happy moments.

    David Carter
    davycarter@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Keri, I'm hoping I can actually comment now. I've been thinking of you always, and so glad to hear the rehab is in a beautiful place. I'm hoping to come either to or from xmas, so I'll call, but wanted to send my love in the meantime.
    xoxo,
    Becky

    ReplyDelete