Thursday, December 10, 2009

Thursday night

Mom and I had a busy day checking out rehab facilities - from Wallingford, CT to Greenfield, NH. It was a completely overwhelming process that is making me feel like I'm making a decision that is going to affect Matt's outcomes for life. Yikes. Best not to think about it until the morning.

Meanwhile, Matt had a busy day with knock-knock jokes until he told my sister "I tired." Now he's had a little morphine and is sound asleep. They've been tube feeding him all day and I think that it is really helping.

I'm not sure I posted this before - but now Matt is in room 504. All the other mailing address is the same, just a new room number. I've also heard that some people are having trouble posting comments, so if you want to email it is: keribolluyt@yahoo.com. Thanks, still, for all the support!


3 comments:

  1. I love hearing the jokes, I am finally smiling. I am sure it is great for you! No matter where you go, you guys will make a good decision. Try to find a place close and comfy for you, otherwise, he'll do great wherever! Take care and tell Matt:
    Guess where? in your underwear!
    guess why? cow pie!
    I hope I am not the only one that knows that.
    love,
    Brooke and fam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Keri and Matt -

    I confess I don't have a joke to share, but it is sure good to hear that others do! We are thinking very positive thoughts for you all - Jan, Ann, Steve, Joe, Lita, Rick, and the rest of the ISU crew...

    ReplyDelete
  3. It really is encouraging that some of Matt's big first efforts at speech involve jokes. That brown-and-sticky one has always been a favorite for me, too. Reminds me of another favorite that our kids thought was lame. Why won't a bear eat a clown? Tastes funny. (Intonation VERY important in delivery. Recommend practice.)
    With love, a virtual hug and lots of hope, Karen

    ReplyDelete