Friday, December 18, 2009

Pudding!

We weren't sure how Matt was going to do today - the first time they got him up into a chair he went completely white and they had to put him right back into bed. They worked with him in bed for his first therapy sessions and then decided to try another medication for motion sickness. He slept for several hours and then was happy to get into his chair this afternoon and do some therapy with his right arm.

Matt has been working really hard with his speech therapist and his language is becoming more and more clear. Now we can usually understand his words, but they don't mean what he is trying to say. He'll repeat a word he's heard all day, like pudding, when he means he wants to be in bed. He's also been repeating numbers to mean various things. Last night, he asked a question in which I understood every word - Could you do me a favor? Then I couldn't understand what he said next, but it was a complete sentence! His speech therapist is also helping him relearn to swallow and today he got to eat pudding! On Monday he's going to get a trial lunch and see when he might be able to eat more on his own, which I think is going to help his rehab even more.

1 comment:

  1. Yummmy pudding :) I love reading what you have to say Keri, sometimes I feel like I just visited. Thanks again for everything! Hugs and kisses to all!
    Brooke

    ReplyDelete